RFC-000-046: Transitioning to Ren 2.0

If this is what needed to continue the project, I am leaning towards to vote yes.

A few feedbacks:

• I support of the idea of getting back the control of the project to the community from VCs.
  • there are lots of fears since this morning in the discord server. I think there should be more detail there.
  • first of all, why 125M REN is needed? how the numbers 50M and 75M are decided? what’s the thought process that led to this number? this needs to be clarified. the more details the better. the off-line calculations should be presented here. this is the only way we can see if the numbers make sense.
  • it should be made very clear that only 50M goes to development and there is a vesting schedule. the team should propose what they want it to be like instead of us making the first proposal. I don’t think that’s communicated very well which based on what I observed on people’s reactions on the discord server. lots of them think 12.5% goes to the dev. some thinks 50M REN get unblocked immediately.
  • Based on the feedbacks on the discord server, I’d add a sentence explaining there are multiple VC offers but they all require some REN tokens which implies inflation as well. I know there are NDAs so not sure if you can mention vaguely about the offers w/o mentioning about the names.
  • If the DAO controls the inflation and the deflation, it should be mentioned. There should also be more details about the DAO.
  • The post should give some examples of scenarios where inflation and deflation are needed.
  • In general, I don’t think many people will read the post. I suggest the team to make summarize the key bullet points of the things you think people care the most about and post in the discord.
  • I think DNOs should not be affected by the inflation or at least it should be less than 12.5%. DNOs are more involved in the ecosystem and took significant more risks. They shouldn’t be diluted the same as others. It’s discussed in RFC-000-037 as well. To be fully transparent, I run multiple DNs myself and also hold liquid RENs.
3 Likes