RIP-000-001: Increase minting fee to 0.2%

I am greatly in support of this proposal and would encourage other DN operators to rally behind it. We are in the early stages as a community, but understanding our global priorities of Security, Economics, and Growth must be maintained and prioritized.

Security
We need to incentivize more DN operators to join the network and keep our system security. In order to do this, we must prioritize DN income. Without this, we will continue to see disappointed node operators de-register who will look for another opportunity in the Crypto Universe, everyone in Crypto has a large risk appetite, and if we cannot consistently deliver attractive returns until we reach a point where the price of a DNs have Decoupled from the rest of crypto due to its own value metrics than we are still competing with everyone other types of yield in the Crypto Universe.

Economics
This raising of the price is encouraged and I further like the idea of raising the fees even further upon the realization that our total income is rising. Price discovery is important for our network to determine its worth. Sure there is existing competition and more projects trying to compete with us every day seeing the value we are creating, but we also have many advantages, and our competition as mentioned in interviews all provide a different set of values. I strongly believe that we will see many DEFI opportunities on new chains that will attract waves of BTC holders to chase, our nominal fee will not bat an eye, what they want to see is faster and smoother MINTS / BURNS, if we deliver on these metrics our fee is just a simple necessary toll, and in the most ideal case with proper integrates the customer doesn’t really care or realize they are being charged by the DN network.

Growth
The REN team has done an incredible job with interviews, and public awareness of letting people know the advantages of RenVM, how it works, our priorities, and our goals as a network. It is a neverending goal to get in front of customers, to remind them to use our services, Coca Cola still spends $4B each year to remind customers to use their product, and they have one of the most recognized names in the world. Our fees should not impact our growth as long as we position ourselves as a premium and superior product, which in the eyes of many in this community and those who value decentralization we are the superior product, and in order to maintain this superiority we need to increase our economics which will cause more node operators to join the network which will increase our security.

In summary, I am very much in support of raising the fees, and with the fee raise I would further encourage others to comment on #RFC002 Multi-Variable Fee Control, as Loong has hinted at in his response

The RenVM network should have separate fees for assets, chains, and direction, and being able to monitor and control these fees whether it be up or down, in order to maximize return is something that we all need to prioritize and vote in favor of.

1 Like