Motivations of raising burn fee over mint fee

Love to see the hustle and bustle of the forums during the holidays. Hope I’m not too late to weigh in.

These arguments made by you, @maxroszko, and @preston have helped solidify my perspective. I believe we should definitely raise mint fees now, and we can postpone increasing the burn fees. Test it out for 2-4 weeks and see how it impacts volume.

I’ve been exploring quite a bit outside in DeFi where you can leverage your Bitcoin…

Looking at BadgerDAO, they currently hold in their vaults:

1. 1,478 renBTC in the Ren Curve LP pool
  2. 1,160 renBTC in the sBTC Curve LP pool
  3. 1,373 renBTC in the Harvest Ren Curve LP Pool

earning 29%, 33%, and 31% APY respectively. This is 4,011 renBTC ($118m) out of a total 13,335 renBTC. This is over 30% of all renBTC in circulation! These users do not appear to care about a 0.1%, 0.25%, let alone a 0.5% mint or burn fee as Badger has 0.5% withdrawal fees on your investment in certain vaults at BadgerDAO, and we already have $500m in TVL.

My position that we must experiment with higher fees in RenVM remains strong. If it hurts volume, worst case scenario, we switch it back in 2-4 weeks.

Both mint and burn are increasing. In my opinion, we should be increasing fees while APYs in the ecosystem are high.

2 Likes