RFC-000-029: Establish a CEF Yield Ops Multisig Group

Many thanks Max for putting together yet another, well-written and articulated RFC :+1:

I find myself agreeing with a lot of what you mentioned here and would support pretty much all of the suggestions outlined above.

• For yield generation:
    I would favour the Badger Ecosystem for this, especially given the fact they’re supporting us with Greycore etc. It would also help strengthen existing Badger-Ren relations if we used their Ecosystem for the CEF (great suggestion by Thomm).

• KYC/Sig verification
    I’m not in favour of KYC via personal documentation, but I would insist that Max personally verifies those members that will be a part of the multisig - especially if 3/4 of them are complete anons.

• Hardware wallets
    I think it is a good suggestion that the overwhelming majority of signees possess (if not all) a hardware wallet with evidence submitted to Max etc. This just seems common sense.

• Transaction deadlines:
    Is there a limited window in which transactions need to be approved? For example if a transaction needs to be signed by the multisig within 30 min, and 2 members are in North America, and the other 2 are in Europe - will this cause an issue with the timezones/availability to sign transactions?

I supppose this could be avoided by giving clear warning in advance to the multisig that a transaction will need to be approved (even if it means during the early hours for some of the signees etc.)

Overall:

It feels like it’s all shaping up really well, and the thought of having a functional, operating multisig for the CEF makes me excited. I’m looking forward to the snapshot voting and electing the first multisig members. Onwards and upwards!

– Shilliam.

1 Like