Name: Member rotation of Yield Ops multisig
Contributors: Yield Ops group
Category: Treasury, governance
Scope: Establish process to rotate members out of a multisig group and nominate replacements
For the past seven months the Yield Ops group has executed on a community approved yield strategy to passively grow the CEF funds while they remain idle. The funds are controlled by a 4/7 multisig, and it is only natural that from time to time people will rotate out.
Multisig member @Preston has decided to rotate out of the multisig group, which means we will need another community member to take its place.
For background, please refer to the original RIP-012: Yield Ops Multisig which established the process of finding volunteers for the position.
We will need a volunteer to step up and take the vacant position on the Yield Ops group. The final candidate will be chosen through a Snapshot election using the same process as defined in RIP-012.
Members who wish to sign up for the election will have to confirm it in this thread prior to the Snapshot vote going live on the 7th of September, giving members 7 days to sign up. The actual vote will be up for a week.
To sign up as a candidate please:
- Introduce yourself with Discord and Twitter handles where applicable
- Write a short ~100 word introduction of yourself to the community
- You must use a hardware wallet for the multisig
- Optionally: quick chat with the existing yield ops group to verify you are not a robot
Doing any of the verification steps will be shown on the voting page so other community members will know, without disclosing sensitive information about yourself like your Ethereum wallet.
To make it easy you can use the following format:
Discord: Satoshi#0001 Twitter: @Satoshi Timezone: GMT -5 Availability: <availability / flexibility> Hardware wallet: Ledger / Trezor / etc Text blurb: <Introduce yourself>
The vote itself will be a ranked choice vote with all members who signed up and a No-option. If the No-option wins, then the vote fails and this RIP will not be implemented.
- Seven days preparation time for members to sign up
- Seven days Snapshot vote starting on September 7th
- The candidate who wins will be added to the multisig. This will be done by removing and adding a new address using a regular 4/7 tx on the Gnosis Safe vault