Introduction - Index Coop Protocol Ambassador

Hello!

I am a core contributor at Index Coop. This post serves to formally introduce myself to the REN community. I have volunteered to be the protocol ambassador for REN. This means I will update the Index Coop regarding the REN protocol and its community.

Index Coop is a DAO with the vision of making DeFi more accessible. We realize this vision through our products like the DeFi Pulse Index (DPI), Metaverse Index (MVI) and Flexible leverage Indexes (ETH2xFLI & BTC2xFLI). In addition to this, we have many more products in the pipeline that we believe will showcase the value propositions of Decentralized Finance. At the time of writing, we have 6,846,739 REN in the DPI contract and part of our mission of Index Coop is to actively participate in the governance of the protocol included in our Index tokens.

This is the level of involvement you can expect from me:

Attending community related calls for updates
Activily interacting with forum posts related to Index Coop products
Here is a brief list of goals I would like to achieve as protocol ambassador:

Enable REN tokens held in the DPI to be used constructively.
Assist where possible with integrations concerning REN and the Index Coop.
Additionally, I will explore opportunities to actively contribute to the community. That will be based on whether I can add value sustainably without compromising my level of involvement at Index Coop.

Personally, I am a supporter of REN, and made a proposal for intrinsic productivity in DPI some time ago. The work the protocol has done in the eco-system has really contributed to the growth of DeFi and if it wasn’t for REN a lot of the protocols in the eco-system wouldn’t be where they are today. Looking forward to seeing more building from the community.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask in the comments. I am also available on discord: mrvls_brfst | #8750. If any core contributor who would like to set up a call to help me get more accustomed with the community, I would really appreciate it.

8 Likes

Welcome! :grin: Sent you a friend request on Discord, happy to jump on a call and give a proper walkthrough of Ren governance!

3 Likes

Hi @MaxRoszko , thank you, that would be great! I’ll check in on Discord.

This is awesome, glad to have you!

1 Like

Maybe Index coop will put together an Index of Ren wrapped assets on a low gas chain like Matic.
I think it would be a very popular Token.
The only reason I don’t use Index Coop now is cuz of ETH gas costs

1 Like

The Index Coop is working with Set Protocol and other organisations on Polygon for low-fee products, such as Eth2x-FLI-P. There will be other L2 as well, Arbitrum and Optimism, with Arbitrum being slightly ahead due to opening earlier.

We already have REN bridged tokens in DPI and DATA, but, yes, a REN focused index could be cool. Just need to identify a market fit and specify the index.

2 Likes