Darknodes - Mac Computer M1 chips

When setting up a Darknode new Mac computers with M1 chips are not currently supported at the moment.
Will this be solved ?
When this will be solved ?

There is a workaround that performs well that I and some other DNOs have used.

You need Rosetta 2 installed on a terminal. I followed a tutorial and created a Terminal profile that uses Rosetta 2 to emulate x86-64 architecture on the m1 chip.

After downloading and installing Rosetta 2 and reinstalling the CLI, you can follow the darknode docs under “how do I restore my Darknode from a backup?” to add the darknode folder to your new CLI installation and restore your darknode.

*Before trying any of this make sure you’ve followed the instructions in the docs on how to backup your darknode folder in multiple places so you don’t lose your data.

Any additional methods or comments are appreciated. It was some time ago I attempted this fix :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your reply. Could you please forward me the tutorial if possible? And do you need to install homebrew or just create a “second terminal” with new shell and command line.
Thxs

Apologies for the late reply. The tutorial covers each step of the process.

Thxs very much but one question remains :
Do you need to install homebrew or just create a “second terminal” with new shell and command line.

You don’t need to install Homebrew to install and run the darknode CLI. So just follow the first part of the guide.

Homebrew can be installed later on your Rosetta shell if you want. Let me know how you get on :slight_smile: