Marketing Proposals | Greycore & Host-to-host

I think this covers the basics but allows people to bring up other issues via #6. Great Job!

Good marketing is about bringing the target user into a story where the brand is the guide - or Obi Wan if you will - who shows the user how to solve their problem and avoid catastrophe.

In our case, we need to first identify WHO we are marketing to. Who will be the hero of our crosschain story?

Will it be the Degen Cowboy looking to get his assets into the best yield? How about the founder who needs to access multiple blockchains with his project? The DAO who needs truly decentralized derivatives to avoid government meddling?

First you need to know who you’re marketing to, the rest follows.

POLL: :speech_balloon::question:

‘What should be our first priority with regards to community marketing?’

• Identify target audience, objectives, and key data/metrics first
  • Wait for the community fund to be allocated first.
  • Work with marketeers/marketing agencies first.
  • Calculate costs/budgeting first.
  • Establish a community hub for incentives first.
  • Something else (please specify)…

0 voters

Please vote! :point_up_2:

Thanks

5 Likes

POLL NOW CLOSED :white_check_mark:

Thanks to everyone for voting. Our next objective as determined by the community is to identify target audience, objectives, and or key data/metrics.

When it comes to target audience, we have the following options (feel free to add more):

• Developers
  • Third-party projects/organisations/protocols
  • New users
  • dApps
  • Anything else.

When it comes to objectives, we have the following options (feel free to suggest more):

• Increase overall awareness of Ren (in preparation for Greycore/H<>H launch)
  • Eliminate misconceptions and harmful narratives about Ren (centralisation etc.)
  • Attract developer interest (for potential integrations after Greycore & H<>H have been released).
  • Bolster existing listing proposals of renAssets that are yet to be approved (Aave, Maker etc.)

When it comes to Key data/metrics, we have the following options (feel free to suggest more):

• Website traffic (unique visits etc.)
  • Increased Telegram/Discord users
  • Increased developer-related queries.
  • Social engagement (increased followers, audience likes/tweets etc.)

The suggestions for each one will be go into the next poll :+1:

Thanks all!

5 Likes
  • Evolution of use:
    * Platform by Platform using RENVM (indicating the purpose in the use) both in Volume and in TVL (individual graphs, portion in the total, others).
    *Chain by Chain: showing absolute numbers, and relatives numbers to the general growth/ decrease adoption of the chain.
1 Like

Amazing work Shilliam.

I believe a Ren version of 77 Smart Contract Use Cases Enabled by Chainlink would help spark developer interest.

1 Like

Suggestion added :white_check_mark:

Thanks ep1110.

*Key Data/Metrics suggestions now updated :white_check_mark:

When it comes to Key data/metrics , we have the following options (feel free to suggest more):

• Website traffic (unique visits etc.)
  • Increased Telegram/Discord users
  • Increased developer-related queries.
  • Social engagement (increased followers, audience likes/tweets etc.)

Evolution of use:

*Platform by Platform using RENVM (indicating the purpose in the use) both in Volume and in TVL (individual graphs, portion in the total, others).

*Chain by Chain: showing absolute numbers, and relatives numbers to the general growth/ decrease adoption of the chain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Jando great idea. This sounds similar to the ‘12 App Ideas For RenVM article on Medium’ - although I agree an extensive, and well-research list of possible applications/features on RenVM would help.

If the community votes for ‘Attract developer interest’ as our target audience then I’ll automatically include your suggestion as part of our next actions.

3 Likes

Just an idea, it might be a good marketing strategy to have a tab in the command center which is titled “Investors”. This tab would have some or all of the following metrics so that speculative investors can make their own assessments of REN value. I see posts that ask for ROI details like this on Reddit a lot and although I am inclined to answer sometimes, it would be nicer to point them to the command center and in effect say, “look here and you can track it on your own”.

Included would be:

• history of epoch specific income (by bridged coin) for one darknode
  • history of number of darknodes paid out to by epoch
  • number of Eth wallets holding REN
  • number of exchanges trading REN
  • global average price over time.
  • timeline of major development milestones in the past.

There could be more or there could be less details provided but I think this would be effective without being too much work.

5 Likes

This kind of information would be great to have on the Command center, especially the first 2 bullets points).